Monday 18 October 2010

Gift for mother and daughter in Turkey

I was commissioned this one for a mother and her 5 year old daughter. The strongest influence for this design is the 'fatima hand'. It appeared a lot in the information given to me about their life and Sinem loves the philosophy of the fatima hand. This was an obvious choice for me to work with. I also changed the tree format to a more delicate design to include more decorative artwork within the hand.

Sinem is a ballet dancer and loves Turkish rock star Teoman.

 Duru loves Dora the Explorer-I also included 'boots' hanging from a branch. She has a beautiful dog called Bonnie and a cat called Bianca. And a huge love of chocolate ice cream!!!


I received an email to let me know that this is now her favourite 'Fatima hand'!! How exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment